- Huron Public Library
- Book Clubs & Reading Challenges
Book Clubs & Reading Challenges
The HPL reading challenge is a fun way to "read outside your box" at your leisure just the way you like it. Perhaps you like reading paper books or prefer reading on a tablet, smartphone, computer, etc. Or would you rather listen to audiobooks instead? That's great!
The library offers various book formats to choose from such as regular and large print books, CDs, and MP3s. Thousands of free e-books and audiobook titles are also available through the easy-to-use Libby App when logged in with your library card. You can download the Libby App and read across devices (no download is necessary for a desktop) or you can listen in your car. At the end of the year, you will have read many books that will immensely enrich your life. Prizes are awarded to those that complete the challenge!
How it works:
- Stop by the library to pick up a reading challenge card.
- Pick an author or title that begins with the letters on the card.
- When you have completed the card, bring it to the library circulation desk to claim your prize.
- New cards get released at the beginning of each quarter.
(1st January-March, 2nd April - June, 3rd July-September, and 4th October-December)
This is a self-paced program for patrons of all ages:
- Adults (PDF)
- Tweens and Teens - going into 4th - 12th grade (PDF)
- Kids' Korner K - 3rd grade (PDF)
- Pre-K and under (PDF)
- None at this time
- TAP (Tiger Afterschool Program) - Meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month from 4:15 pm-4:45 pm at the library. The TAP teachers will distribute the books.
- High School Book Club - Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 3:30 pm-4:30 pm at the library. Receive your books at the High School Library.
- Around the World Book Club - Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from noon - 1 pm at the library.
- Mystery Book Club - Meets the 2nd Thursday of each month from 5:30 pm - 7 pm at the library.
- Senior Center Book Club - Meets the 3rd Friday of each month from 10:15 am - 11 am at the Senior Center.